MALA Supported Living is a new supported living service and accommodation specialising in the provision of care and support for young care leavers from a wide range of backgrounds. We are a new organisation, hence we are looking for a high calibre candidate to grow with us. The candidate will also be part of the management team working collaboratively to achieve company targets and will be expected to travel within Croydon and other local areas.
We are seeking a Support Manager who has a minimum of 3 years experience in residential care or supported living, working with young adults with care leavers from a variety of cultural backgrounds in a domestic setting. The candidate must have experience of:
● Successfully tendering, spot purchases and dynamic purchasing with local authorities for care
● Implementing relevant government and care regulations as required;
● Proven track record of a consistently high outcomes when working with Young Care Leavers and other vulnerable young people from a wide range of backgrounds.
● Experience of providing culturally sensitive care, and awareness of the issues faced when working with young people from different cultural backgrounds
The ideal candidate will be flexible with working hours and will have to cover on-call service and hands-on care for service users, if necessary.
The job holder must have legal right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship.
The chosen candidate will act as the Support Manager and assist with set up and registration procedures, complying with all relevant legislation and standards including the Health and Social Care Acts and carry out appropriate notifications as per organisational and legislative requirements.
The Support Manager will carry out assessments and assist in safeguarding and enabling service users to live with dignity and purpose through the delivery and provision of person-centred care services; you will support service users and their families/advocates to meet their physical, domestic, mental health and social needs at home and in the community and will update care plans, carry out risk assessments, ensure health and safety standards are met and maintained and ensure all other compliance as required.
The Support Manager will delegate for the Company Director in establishing the company, through tendering, marketing, and complying with any administrative procedures which enable the successful day to day running of the Business until additional members of staff are added.
The Support Manager will lead and manage care staff to ensure a high-quality service is maintained and that staff are qualified and updated with required care knowledge and training. Duties and responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
To apply for the post, please visit Indeed and submit a Cover Letter, CV and full Supporting Statement detailing your experience and suitability for the position.
Applications will be reviewed continuously so please submit your application as soon as possible for the role.
● To be discussed
Job Types: Full-time
● Care Management: 3 years (Required)
● Successful Acquiring clients: 3 years (Required)
● Management qualifications (or willingness to study towards these) (Highly Preferable)
● Diploma in Health and Social Care (Level 3) minimum,
● must be working towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care
● Management qualifications (eg: CMI in Leadership and Management) at minimum Level 4 (Highly Preferable) – willingness to work towards these will be accepted for excellent candidates.
Send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com